Bridelings, it actually happened. After over a year of planning, we are now Mr and Mrs DTE. We are married. We took those vows and now will (hopefully) live happily ever after. Yay us.
Just because I’ve been banging on about it for months, I thought it’d be rude not to share our wedding day with you and show you a few pics, tell you how we got on, you know the drill.
To be honest, I’ll be sharing LOTS over the next few months, but below is a quick round-up of my best bits, and untold bits. I’m so sorry ladies, but I must admit that the week before the wedding, I wasn’t always the Down-to-earth Bride I hoped I’d be. SOZ!
Having wondered why on earth people got stressed out before their wedding days, I did become a little ball of worry at times. FAIL. So, by way of apology for slightly losing my shit, I’d like to share some heads-ups and top tips with you all over the next few months, so that you can all feel more prepared than me. Deal?
How does it feel?
Oh bridelings, it’s so worth all that bother.
- All those evenings of wedmin, all the time it takes, all the times you think about eloping to Vegas, I really can vouch for the fact that I found it so worth it.
- The clichés were true for me, it was the best day of my life. Everywhere I looked were people I loved, and people who meant the world to me.
- Walking down the aisle with my Pops to see my hubbie-to-be at the end of the aisle didn’t make me want to cry, it gave me the biggest smile of my life. Cheese.
- Giving a speech was nerve-wracking, but amazing. SO glad I bit the bullet and did it.
- Hearing your Dad and your hubs give a speech and say nice things about you is just…there are no words.
- The first dance really IS cringe, but is over so quickly. Don’t get hung up on it.
- I had zero appetite for my scrumptious dinner because I just wanted to go and speak to our mates.
- The whole day will go more quickly than any other day has ever gone in your life.
The bits I don’t tell people…
- So Mr DTE and I ended the night in bed with a Pot Noodle, some M&Ms and a bottle of champers. From glamour to grounded in under 10 seconds.
- I nearly passed out in the church. My dearest ones had to pass me a fan and some water. What a DRAMA QUEEN! So embarrassing…instead of looking lovingly into Mr DTE’s eyes, I was planning where I was going to throw up. Thankfully I got my shit together before it was too late. AGH.
- Seeing all your pals laughing and joking with your parents is about the best sight in the world.
- Sharing a room with my sis the night before and going to breakfast with my Mum, Dad and Sis on the morning of the wedding was one of my favourite parts of the day.
- Our wedding has made Mr DTE and I even closer than before. I didn’t think that was even possible.
- I only had one pee all day. Not sure how or why, but ONE PEE. Good to know my peeing stamina for the future.
- The love I feel for my beloved bride squad is immeasurable.
- I don’t have the post-wedding blues. How can you when things go so amazingly? I just feel so relieved that it happened and was perfect. And also I now have my evenings back. Adieu, wedmin. See you never!
Secret info on Down-to-Earth Brides:
You’ve probably noticed that Down-to-earth Brides has had somewhat of a makeover over the past couple of weeks. Fancy. Now that I’m married and ting, I’d really like DTE Brides to be a site for top tips on how to be a kickass bride, story swapping from married ladies, or engaged ladies with some ideas on how we can keep our cool. I’ll be interviewing some cool and alternative brides too, to inspire us all on how it can be done. I’m also going to be sharing the details for the top suppliers I worked with for our wedding, who were all just amazing. Honest.
OI YOU! If you have any ideas I’d love to hear from you, as always. If you’re a down-to-earth engagedling,or a down-to-earth bride, or you have an idea or a top tip, or you just fancy a chat about this bonkers world of weddings!
Just drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the CONTACT page. Halla hallaaa. Thanks for sticking with me girls. Sorry I went MIA for a little while – I was just chilling with my man on our honeymoon innit!