Wedding guests: if you’re having a good time at a wedding, why not have a good time vocally so that the bride and groom feel smug that they have (thank GOD) planned the wedding to end all weddings? Don’t be too vocal though – you don’t want to be THAT guest. It’s a very hard line to tread. Here’s my guide of how to be an A* wedding guest; because if you love your friends, why not tell them that those origami swan table centres they’ve been busting a gut to make for a month, look just wonderful…?
Things to say to the bride and/or groom:
- ‘Oh, these parmesan-crusted arancini balls are just to die for’
- ‘Wow, I’ve just never ever quite seen bunting like that’
- ‘This is just the most beautiful candelabra I have ever seen’
- ‘John Legend for your first dance is a truly unique choice’
- ‘Yes, Loveshack is the best wedding dancetrack ever’
- ‘I love your wedding favours and definitely won’t leave it in the toilet in a minute by mistake’
- ‘I loved your flashdance’
Things NOT to say to the bride and/or groom:
- ‘I decided to cut out gluten, dairy, meat and nuts from my diet. As of yesterday. Do hope that won’t cause any problems with dinner…?’
- ‘Should you really be wearing white?’
- ‘His brother got all the good looks didn’t he’
- ‘When is dinner?’
- ‘Good for you for deciding not to do the whole crazy wedding diet thing’
- ‘I won the table bet on the length of all the speeches!’
- ‘Are these napkins swans, or just folded napkins?‘
- ‘I didn’t get any of your cake, could you find me a piece please?’
It would be quite funny though…just not at mine ya?
Happy Sunday eve peoples. How apt – SUN….DAY. Fact for the day: today England was warmer than Ibiza.