17 February 2016:
I actually can’t believe I’m saying this, but I might retire from What’s App soon. It stresses me out. I sometimes go to get a coffee, come back and my phone has 20+ new What’s app messages. Mostly about…nothing much. Warning: this is not a brag of popularity.
Stream of consciousness thoughts about very little, questions about shoe sizes and hen do parties and ‘have you paid up yet’ and ‘do you want to do segways or life drawing and….AGH! Is it just me who finds it a bit much?
So in my effort to spread goodwill for all bride crew peoples, I have listed my main bits of advice for getting the brides’ crew party up and running. We all love a bullet point list. This advice comes from experience of being a bridesmaid many, many times. I’ve done my bit, bridelings.
- Set up a doodle to check which weekends all 500 people can do
- Set up a group chat on What’s App – people don’t know each other, some people text too much, it gets generally ridiculous
- Set up a Facebook group to organise the whole hen do – a few concise emails with all the actions and details will more than suffice
- Give in – sounds harsh but if someone can’t make it then tough
- Be decisive with dates and themes
- Stick to your guns
- Think about budgets and don’t be ridiculous. KEEP GROUNDED CREW!
- See above, again and again
Have a look at my Hen Parties pages for more top tips for how to have the best hen do…down-to-earth style. PEACE OUT.